Saturday, February 03, 2007

Relocation fears, tears and worries

As many of you know, I have spent a good bit of my time helping familes relocate throughout the area, and I have tried many times to see what you see. I know, if you are coming from another area of the country, there is a fear that you won't be happy here... I know there is a fear that comes with the unknown...Are there still a lot of sterotypes about the South? Those of you who live here, how often do you think of yourself in the South? But I'd like to put the question to you, what were your biggest fears? Your moments of highest stress? How were you able to put them aside? How has the move to Charlotte, Huntersville, Matthews, Weddington, Waxhaw or Lake Norman-- how have the fears worked out, and how has the move worked out,for your family, for yourself?

1 comment:

Bostonmom22 said...

My husband and I and our two little girls just moved down here from Boston about 5 weeks ago. We are very happy about moving down here other than having to stay in a hotel for 3 weeks prior to moving into our new house - and did I mention we have a 2 year old and a 10 mos old?(hahaha)we have been very pleased. It is a great place for us to raise our girls, yesterday we took them to the brand new playground so they could play imagine February and we are outside playing with our girls. Terry McDonald our agent was so helpful to us when we decided to make the move to Charlotte, he explained all of the different areas and what would work best for us. We came down 3 times to look for property and had a lot of fun looking and exploring until we found the "right" place which in this case already feels like home. I can't wait to meet more people and to get settled into our new community. Lisa D