Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Palisades

The Palisades, Charlotte NC at Lake Wylie

From time to time I'll write about the extraordinary in Charlotte--

It's fitting my first community post is about Lake Wylie and The Palisades in Charlotte, North Carolina.The whole Southwest Charlotte corridor is bursting with growth- and I find myself being drawn more and more to the water. After relaxing aboard a 28' cabin cruiser in May off and on for a week with friends on the Severn River in Annapolis, I reached a state of mind not equalled since I was a child on the beach. Getting on the water, or getting closer feels just right. So imagine my surprise living in land-locked Charlotte to discover the resort style living available at The Palisades!

Maybe you live in the Washington DC suburbs, NY City, Boston or some other big city suburb; can you imagine a resort community on rolling hills, less than 30 minutes to downtown, or in our case Uptown...with home prices from the 400's? You are just 5 minutes to the lake, 5 minutes to the first hole of a Jack Nicklaus course, 25 minutes to watch the NFL Carolina Panthers on Sunday, and a 30-35 minute daily commute the center of town, the Bank of America Tower. On foot, by bike, or golf cart, you are just minutes to swimming, golf, tennis, an equestrian center or soccer fields. As an Audubon Community, they've artfully preserved green space and natural habitats so you are likely to see deer, the occasional fox, and the plentiful hawk. And you'll see your neighbors too! This isn't a retirement community, though retirees live here. It's an active, amenity rich environment, filled with both nature and modern conveniences... Live in Charlotte, have all the benefits of a major modern city in the South, go to professional sports, the performing arts, world-class shopping- and almost be on vacation at the same time--I am not kidding. Once shopping inside the community is complete, it will be a self-contained walking community where people will know their neighbors.

Prices start in the 400's, custom homes in the 800's-- a total of 21 custom and production builders are here. There are 11 distinct neighborhoods today, with another 5 openning this fall. Homearama visited here in 2005, and will return in the fall of 2008 at The Ranch, a collection of 1+ acre tracts with luxurious custom homes.

In my next Community post I'll write about the Palisades Boat Club- a unique boating experience on Lake Wylie. I'll also write about the country club, the Tim Wilkinson Tennis and Swim Club and the exciting over 30 event this September which will feature Jim Courier, Pete Sampras and Mats Wilander. Plus all the new shopping that has come to Southwest Charlotte in the last year. For more information about The Palisades visit http://www.thepalisades.info. For more information about, lot sales, home sales, new, custom or resale, e-mail me, terry (at) terrymcdonaldre.com, or call me at 704-351-1519. To see a slide show I photographed, visit here. I am a licensed broker and represent Buyers in NC and SC, someone who believes in Palisades personally, and helps folks find the right home and community for them without prejudice. All opinions expressed are my own, all facts and figures are relayed to the best of my knowledge but are not guaranteed or are they an endorsement of any development.

No comments: