Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday Night Steals And Deals

Everyone knows that Charlotte real estate is appreciating in the midst of a nationwide housing downturn... but it is still a buyers market here and there are deals to be had if you know
where to look.

So each Sunday I'll search the Charlotte listings for the best* property in a given class on the market NOW. In the interest of fairness I will exclude any of my own listings. I'll be evaluating "most house for the money" by square feet, features, age (new or newer) and location. On the water I'll add access and water features. Each week I'll take a look the best of South Charlotte, 4000 sf homes for under 400K-- and the best waterfront of Lake Norman, and Lake Wylie.

The Week's Winners

In South Charlotte, compiled from zip codes 28270,28277 and 28278, this home in 28277 has 5 br, 3.5 baths and is all brick with a 1/3 acre lot and finished basement. Children would attend some of the best schools in S Charlotte with McKee Road Elementary, Jay M. Robinson Middle and Ardrey Kell High School. 5 minutes to grocery store, 7-8 minutes to Target, it needs some work, and is being sold as is at 399,900. E Mail Terry (at) TerryMcDonaldRE.com

At the Lakes, best under $800K
In the north, I selected a 3500 sf log cabin in Sherrills Ford on Lake Norman. This open and airy log cabin has 3 levels, the lower leverl has a 2nd kitchen, a view and could easily be a mother-in law suite. Add a terrific dock including good water, a boatlift and slip. Built in 2002, this Old Hickory log home has a wrap around deck and great creek view. Catawba county taxes, .53 per hundred make lake living affordable. Asking 675K, taxes about $2,600 per year. Wow! E Mail Terry (at) TerryMcDonaldRE.com

At Lake Wylie, the smaller but closer lake to Charlotte, I chose a house in South Carolina. This traditional all brick home has over 3800 sf, 5 br, 3.5 ba , a finished basement, a screen porch and a large lot- 2.2 acres, a lot of it fenced! The water is deep, shady slip and boatlift included.
this one is $780K. Well-regarded Clover schools, unbelievably cheap SC taxes. E Mail Terry (at) TerryMcDonaldRE.com

*Best in the exclusive view of your host, based on the data I have, my understanding of the area, and since I'm not the listing agent and may have not seen the property, my opinion may change upon visiting and of course your results may vary! Due to advertising restrictions, I can't show the photos but if you see something you like, just send me an email, I'll send you a Property Report. If you are interested in the property, I would be happy represent you as your Buyer Agent. Remember, transparent real estate is better real estate.

No comments: