Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Google's Done It Again...Too Much Fun

I've written about Google's Picasa, one of my picks for best new software for 2006- well Google's wonderful free photo editor just got better. Picasa Web Albums has been online for a while- 1 Gig free photo storage, but Google quietly improved it dramatically in late June. Now you can geotag your photos-- put your photos on a Google map. Have a look:



You will have to click on a photo, then go back one level to see the map view. But what a view,it lays out the whole community. I'm waiting for Google to make this a bit easier.

Like Slide.com, I can insert my Picasa Album slide show anywhere- I replaced my CharlotteCommunties Slide Show with my Picasa intro-- I like the Google better, see it here.

Just as with Slide.com, I can change the look of my front page with a new slide show--but less advertising with the Google. Now when I receive a request about an area, I'll just send the link, or maybe embed the slide show! I'm working on a My Mapps application that will show where and at what price the Inventory is located in our fair city, with links back to the neighborhood slide show. I'll post it here when I'm done. As I said, this is too much fun!

Bye Bye Slide.com, you were great, I'll miss you.

No comments: